Development of technology and creation of production of carbon adsorbents for the purification of the gas phase and aqueous media
Brief description of the project
Development of production technology and the creation of industrial production of nanoporous adsorbents from coal. The project is aimed at import substitution. The products will be used for the purification of gases and aqueous media, the production of high-purity gases, and protection against toxic substances.
According to experts, the distribution of applications of carbon adsorbents is as follows: 30% is used in the metallurgical industry, 22% - in the oil and gas production. Environmental protection consumes 20% of the annual consumption of activated adsorbent.
The largest countries in terms of exports and imports of the adsorbent at the end of 2016
Kazakhstan imports the most expensive activated carbon from Japan - $ 16 thousand per ton, and the cheapest - from Kyrgyzstan ($ 153 per 1 ton). From Russia, as the main importer, activated carbon is imported at an average cost of $ 1103 per 1 ton of products.
Capacity of the activated carbon market of the Republic of Kazakhstan
In the medium term, the Kazakhstan market of activated carbon will grow by at least 10-12% per year, primarily due to the tightening of environmental standards. It is expected that by 2021 the market volume will reach 10.7 thousand tons. In addition to the high demand for Kazakhstan in activated carbon as a whole, experts note the fact of the growing demand for high quality activated carbon.
High quality activated adsorbent depends primarily on the raw materials used, as well as technologies for its production. In Kazakhstan, against the background of a significant import dependence of the activated adsorbent market, including high-quality, there is an urgent need to develop domestic production, as well as the introduction of the latest processing technologies.
Technological scheme for obtaining sorbents based on carbon-mineral raw materials
Currently, the Institute of Coal Chemistry and Technology (Astana) develops and manufactures industrial plants for the production of porous carbon adsorbents in Astana. The institute conducts a full cycle of technological and construction - assembly works for the production of adsorbents from carbon-containing materials.
Adsorption capacity of the resulting adsorbents. According to the norms (ND) adsorbents satisfy such indicators as pH, chlorides, sulfates, nitrites, nitrates, phosphates, petroleum products. A high degree of purification (more than 70%) is observed in indicators: petroleum products (98-100%), phosphates (95-96%), suspended substances (80-90%), BOD (82-90%), surfactants (85-95 %). The degree of gas purification is (%): CO2-95-99, CO - 95-97, H2S - 98-100, CH4 - 90-95.
1. S.A. Efremov, S.V. Nechipurenko, B.Washington, K.S.Tasibekov, M.K. Nauryzbaev. Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Shungite Rock of Kazakhstan// Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal, Vol.15, №3, 2013, p.141-149
2. B.T. Ermagambet, B.K. Kasenov, N.U. Nurgaliev, M.A.Nabiev, Zh.M.Kasenova, M.K. Kazankapova, A.M.Zikirina. Electrophysical properties and heat Capacity of shale from the Kendyrlyk Deposit // Solid Fuel Chemistry. - 2018. - Vol. 52. - №2. - P. 11-14
3. B.T. Ermagambet, B.K. Kasenov, N.U. Nurgaliev, M.K. Kazankapova, Zh.M.Kasenova, A.M.Zikirina. Adsorbent production using oil shale from the Kendyrlyk deposit // Solid Fuel Chemistry. - 2018. - Vol. 52. - №5. - P. 27-32
4. B.T. Yermagambet, N.U. Nurgaliyev, М.К. Kazankapova, Zh.М. Kasenova, A.V. Kholod, A. Sairanbek, L.D. Abylgazina. Сobalt catalyst on the basis of the Kendyrlik shale and its approbation in Fisher-Tropsh synthesis // News of the national academy of sciences of the republic of Кazakhstan, series of Geology and Technical sciences, ISSN 2224-5278, Volume 2, № 428 (2018), 112 – 117
5. B.T. Yermagambet, N.U. Nurgaliyev, М.К. Kazankapova, Zh.М. Kasenova, A.V. Kholod, A. Sairanbek, L.D. Abylgazina. Investigation of the thermal decomposition process of Kendyrlik deposit oil shales // News of the national academy of sciences of the republic of Кazakhstan, series of Geology and Technical sciences, ISSN 2224-5278, Volume 3, № 429 (2018), 189 – 196
6. B.T. Yermagambet, N.U. Nurgaliyev, M.K. Kazankapova, Zh.M. Kasenova, L.D. Abylgazina. Smokeless fuel production - semi-coke from coal // News of the National Academy of Sciences, Series of Geology and Technical sciences, Science no. 2. 2019, 144-148
7. M.K. Kazankapov, M.K. Nauryzbaev, S.A. Efremov, B.T. Yermagambet, N.U. Nurgaliev, S.V. Nechipurenko. Preparation of activated shungite, study of its chemical composition and adsorption properties // Chemistry of solid fuels, 2019, No. 4, pp.59-66